Health Coach Educator (SEEKING CANDIDATES IN SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY, CALIFORNIA)
Location: Stockton, California US
Job Number: 4686
Position Title: Health Coach Educator
***MUST BE ABLE TO CONDUCT HOME VISITS IN SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY***
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Health Coach & Patient Educator wanted to assist our clients in finding new ways to inspire healthier habits. The position will conduct home visits and work closely with our patients, caregivers, and families to promote wellness and helping individuals realize their personal best.
Our Health Coach & Educator will be responsible for developing a wellness coaching relationship with patients, caregivers, and families through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
- The Health Coach will be responsible for contacting patients that are eligible for Alignment’s Care at Home program and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Responsible for delivering a high level of patient service and increasing member retention and satisfaction.
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified patients, caregivers, and/or families
- Develop customized care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action
- Coordinate Care with other Alignment team members, including health-related vendors for optimal patient care
Skills and Qualifications
A Health Coach must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in a health-related field (or equivalent experience/certifications) such as health promotion, health education, gerontology, social work, nutrition, and other health-related field or counseling and one-year experience as a wellness/health coach or educator; bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions and certification from an accredited professional wellness coach training program preferred.
- Experience in health behavior change/health coaching/health education
- Strong knowledge of specific diseases, lifestyle-related topics, nutrition, and exercise
- Knowledge of and experience with applying the stages of change or a similar behavior change model
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among customers and coworkers
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to audience
- Adaptability – able to change tasks quickly as business needs dictate
- Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations and AHP policies
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint Ability to work a flexible schedule
- To be successful a Health Coach must have well-developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
- Self-Confidence – A Health Coach can effectively communicate and educate patients, caregivers, and families on various subject matters, including diet, fall-risk reduction, home safety, and various chronic diseases to support pre-established care plans by the patient’s PCP, specialists, and AHC clinicians.
- Conscientiousness– A Health Coach is organized and always meets deadlines / commitments.
- Achievement Drive – A Health Coach constantly strives to improve standards of excellence Initiative – A Health Coach pursues goals beyond what’s required or expected of them Service Orientation – A Health Coach anticipates, recognizes and meets customer needs. Influence – A Health Coach can effectively persuade others.
- Communication – A Health Coach deals with issues, listens and seeks mutual understanding.
- Collaboration and Cooperation – A Health Coach is shares plans, information and resources.
Location City: Stockton
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Health Coach Educator (SEEKING CANDIDATES IN SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY, CALIFORNIA)
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].