Claims Mailroom Support Clerk
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 6552
Workplace Type: Office Full-Time
Position Title: Claims Mailroom Support Clerk
Claims Mailroom Support Clerk
Overview of the role:
The Claims Clerical-Mailroom Support Clerk is responsible for managing incoming mail from providers while ensuring a high level of accuracy. Requires the ability to multi-task while providing accurate and timely mail triaging and processing.
- Responsible for opening, triaging and batching incoming mail, faxes.
- Utilize EZ CAP claim processing system to research provider and member status.
- Data entry of manual claims into EZ CAP claims system.
- Daily logging and counting of mail.
- Responsible for processing daily pend, denial and claim forwarding correspondence.
- Accountable for providing requested documentation to internal departments and provider network (EOB, faxes, scanning, requests for letter copies).
- Support of research projects through claims look-up and simple documentation via Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to positively support the needs of providers and claims team through professional communication that demonstrates the company culture.
- Participate in Claims Department team meetings and other activities as needed.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in department policies and procedures relating to HIPAA Compliance.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Required skills and responsibilities:
- 1 year of mail room/clerical experience in a healthcare setting.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED
- Medicare Claim knowledge-preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day through task.
- Data entry
- Faxing and scanning knowledge preferred
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer programs and applications required.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Team player.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to operate a telephone, computer, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment.
- Ability to travel between locations is essential.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Pay range: $33,200 - $49,800
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Claims Mailroom Support Clerk
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].