Broker Account Manager
Location: Thousand oaks, California US
Job Number: 6542
Workplace Type: Field Remote
Position Title: Broker Account Manager
Overview of the role:
The Broker Account Manager is responsible for the sales and growth of the broker channel and reports to the Market Leader of the Region. The Broker Account Manager oversees all channel activity including sales production, recruitment, training, and sales strategy to grow the channel while maintaining a favorable acquisition cost for the company.
- Increase sales and meet or exceed sales expectations through existing active relationships.
Build new selling relationships in existing markets and expansion markets to grow the broker sales channel.
- Build out new markets – specifically new expansion counties and states
Manage provider relationships and assign agents to partner with Medical Groups/IPA’s for growth.
- Oversee agent sales and product training including webinars for new agents, lock-in refresher trainings, and Open Enrollment recertification training.
- Assist with broker support channels including customer service calls and email inquiries.
- Monthly and ad-hok communications with external agents and agencies.
- Oversee interactions with external agents including commissions, discrepancies, enrollment kit fulfillment, certification and contracting/appointment requirements.
Monitor quarterly agent and agency production requirements.
- Ensure CMS compliance with all sales, enrollment processes and events.
- Individual production of sales may be optional
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned
- Ongoing: lead, motivate, coach and manage direct agents to ensure that performance goals are met and exceeded.
- Provide broker feedback around competitive landscape, as needed.
- Manager must be willing to commit to personal growth and be open to constructive feedback from direct reports and/or management.
- Must have proven ability to promote effective time management.
- Oversees compliance at all times to include secret shopping and ride-alongs
- Provides fair and objective documentation on corrective action plans and/or performance appraisals as directed by company policies and procedures.
- Provide effective and objective communication to keep managing relationships apprised of any updates and/or changes within department, CMS guidelines, company policies and procedures while keeping strong morale intact.
- Responds in an integral and timely manner with management and staff members in other departments to promote teamwork.
- Attends all mandatory management administrative, educational and/or training courses.
Required Skills & Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3-years of sales management and/or marketing strategy experience working closely with independent distribution systems, and their brokers/agents, in the health insurance industry. Medicare Advantage and/or Medicare Supplement industry experience is a plus.
- Medicare knowledge and/or health insurance background preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the CMS Marketing Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current and active life insurance license within respective selling state, preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to get to all sales activities and appointments.
- Extremely organized, detail driven and a self-starter.
- An innovator and effective leader with the ability to motivate direct team, community affiliates and provider relationships.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Pay rate: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 annually with base pay and incentive plan
City: Thousand oaks
Location City: Thousand oaks
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Broker Account Manager
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].