Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 6541
Workplace Type: Fully Remote
Position Title: Benefits Manager
Under the leadership of the AVP, Total Rewards, this position will be responsible for the introduction and ongoing management of a new standalone benefits program, executing a new support model and driving the next evolution of Benefits at Alignment Health. This role will be instrumental in working with our benefits broker and benefit vendors, partnering to provide a seamless experience to our employees and their covered family members. This position will work collaboratively with employees, HR colleagues and business leaders at all levels. A great opportunity to get involved in all aspects of Benefits – from operational to strategic.
- Manage the overall employee benefits experience, contributing to the design of an inclusive benefits offering and developing new policies to enhance our employee value proposition to support our growth.
- Partner with broker and vendors on short-term issue resolution and long-term planning.
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and leveraging resources.
- Strategize, develop and execute the Benefits Open Enrollment project plan and the experience for new hire enrollment and life event changes.
- Develop and distribute benefits analytics and usage reports to inform key stakeholders of benefit usage, trends and opportunities.
- Recommends benefits enhancements by studying employee habits, trends, and developments in the market for employee benefits.
- Help establish foundational benefits education materials to assist in ongoing employee efforts and also for new hires.
- Enhancing employee resources and decision support options so employees make effective benefits decisions for their life circumstances.
- Leverages vendor partnerships to ensure benefits compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Total Rewards and overall HR teams through collaboration and teamwork as directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Benefits or related HR experience
- Strong knowledge of various benefit plans and experience managing some or all components of benefits at other companies
- Vendor management exposure and/or experience
- Workday experience preferred and/or experience migrating benefits to new platforms
- Comfortable leveraging various HR systems and utilizing Microsoft Office
- Data analysis skills – analyzing data to find actionable items, trends and areas of focus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and management skills
- WorldatWork, CEBS, SHRM or other related training and certifications is a plus
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Benefits Manager
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].