Community Marketing Outreach Representative
Location: Thousand oaks, California US
Job Number: 6520
Workplace Type: Field Remote
Position Title: Community Marketing Outreach Representative
Overview of the role:
This dynamic role is responsible for generating local community brand awareness of the health plan with accountabilities in driving leads and sales (direct or indirect) through grass roots efforts.
The Community Marketing Outreach Representative is in the market and the face of Alignment Health Plan in their assigned market or geography.
Meets or exceeds weekly and monthly qualified lead goals.
2. Helps local market achieve monthly sales goals; works with direct sales teams in lead development and public facing presentations (advertised or non-advertised)
3. Cultivates new and maintains existing relationships with key senior and community influencers that culminate into lead generating events/activities and increase of name awareness for Alignment and its products.
4. Through in-person visits, via telephone contact and through email, sources, plans, sets-up and attends monthly events and activities. Events and activities include but are not limited to health fairs, presentations and or seminars at senior centers, food banks, churches, senior living facilities, various community organizations etc.
5. Distributes approved marketing and event materials. Works with Corporate Marketing and Compliance Departments in the approval, development, and production of advertising materials and or invitations for events.
6. Locates, plans, sets-up, attends and presents at Quarterly New Member Orientations and year-round Education events (as needed in a non-virtual event) in the local community.
7. Educates the community on Alignment and its benefits, services and contracted providers and medical groups IPAs available to prospects.
8. Promotes and increases name awareness and brand identity for Alignment and its products.
9. Provides monthly calendar of their planned activities and ensures that all scheduled events filed
10. Maintains weekly summary of activity and submits report on a weekly basis.
11. Maintains databases with historical information.
12. Attends and participates in all staff meetings as required.
13. Performs special projects as assigned to help drive leads for the company.
14. Conducts and leads advertised sales mtgs in their territory.
15. Experience with Community Marketing tied to lead generation in the Senior Community a plus.
16. Calls on local Doctor offices to educate on the Alignment products and distribute flyers to generate referrals.
17. Actively engages with provider marketing events, engages with primary care physicians and front offices.
Required skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
a. Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
b. Experience in Medicaid and Medicare Managed Care Plans.
c. Two years customer service experience.
a. B.A./B.S. OR 2 years community grassroot marketing experience
b. Life Agent Licensure – preferred.
a. Fully Vaccinated
b. Bi-lingual English/XXXXX – preferred.
c. Organized, detail driven and a self-starter.
d. Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
e. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
f. Strong presentation skills and ability to address diverse audiences appropriately and effectively.
g. Computer Skills: Proficient user in MS office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
h. 80% or more travel by car routinely required (In assigned market).
i. Travel by plane required as needed.
j. Maintenance of reliable means of transportation and valid driver’s license and automobile insurance required.
k. Extended works hours, as needed.
l. Remote work on approval.
4. Work Environment:
a. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
2. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Pay rate: $52,500 - $78,700 annually with bonuses/commission
City: Thousand oaks
Location City: Thousand oaks
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Community Marketing Outreach Representative
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].