Manager, Member Engagement (Regional Market)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 6516
Workplace Type: Hybrid Remote
Position Title: Manager, Member Engagement
Overview of the role:
The manager will be responsible for call center operations, implementing call center strategy, improving systems and process, and managing operations staff. As this position drives process improvement, we will build an exceptional service-oriented culture by directly overseeing the teams that conduct proactive member outreach. The ideal candidate must be able to lead and motivate teams that can anticipate the customer need to “surprise and delight,” and will be held accountable to results in service level, member retention and satisfaction, and measures of member engagement.
Work travel up to 25% to assigned markets in CA, AZ, NV, FL, NC, and TX.
- Ensure a culture of professionalism, respect, productivity, and accountability
- Lead and champion team engagement
- Support general area of focus includes, but is not limited to Disenrollment, Resolution, Service Recovery, Escalations, and other areas of member engagement as needed
- Respond to requests for Supervisor Escalations by phone and CRM
- Work with executive team to determine and understand call center operational strategies; includes conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning and cost/benefit analysis
- Create, implement, and test new processes as necessary
- Serve as team representative in meetings as needed and required
- Coordinate work activities with department leadership and other departments, etc.
- Identify patterns in audits and reporting, and search for root causes
- Prepare performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends on production, quality, staffing and inventory levels
- Possess the knowledge in procedures, protocols, benefits, services, systems, and any other necessary information to resolve member issues and inquiries
- Partner with management on staffing needs and associated inventory volumes, both current and projected
- Conduct department interviews and provide feedback to management
- Oversee the onboarding and training process of new hires
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of direct reports
- Monitor and supervise agent performance, attendance, and conduct
- Draft recommended performance coaching: Performance Improvement Plans, Written Warnings, etc. and delivers performance coaching following management and HC approvals
- Submits official annual performance evaluation on direct reports
- Oversee distribution of daily assignments, and ensures agent productivity and queue performance
- Track time through timecard corrections and approvals; monitor schedule adherence and work with management to ensure agent schedules meet capacity and needs of the business
- Other assignments and projects as assigned
Oversees assigned staff. Responsibilities include recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Addressing complaints and resolving problems as they pertain to all units as necessary
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of Call Center experience
- 3+ years in leadership capacity in a compliance-driven industry
- 5+ years customer service experience required
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Proven track record to monitor and motivate employees; including oversight of outsource vendor and/or remote workforce a plus
- Demonstrated success with implementation and/or management of applications, including: workforce management, CRM, campaign manager, EMR PM, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Spanish and/or language skills a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Attention to detail, with sound critical thinking and follow up skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously within timelines and short turn-around times
- Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) required
Pay salary: $60,100 - $96,100 annual salary
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Member Engagement (Regional Market)
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].