Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 6507
Workplace Type: Hybrid Remote
Position Title: Sr. Accountant
Overview of the Role:
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and reporting functions of this healthcare services organization. This position reports directly to the Director of Accounting and requires the employee to be a leading team member of the department. This employee will ensure that the accounting work is performed in a timely and efficient manner; financial reporting is accurate and complete using consistent methodologies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and state specific Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), as applicable; required filings are made accurately and within prescribed deadlines; and other management reporting requirements are completed and delivered on time.
- Monthly financial close for the Company and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and preparation of month-end accruals.
- Preparation and/or review of journal entries.
- Identification and correction of incorrect account coding from analysis of accounts during month end close. Educate users who routinely make errors coding their invoices when approving for payment (complex general ledger string).
- Reconciliation and posting of Concur Expense reporting transactions.
- Preparation and/or review of account reconciliations.
- Actual to Budget/Forecast variance analysis.
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes for assigned subsidiary(ies), including preparation of fully cross-referenced workpapers supporting the financial statements and footnotes.
- Financial analysis and trend identification.
- Review of contracts for accounting applicability.
- Regulatory financial reporting (DOI/DMHC, if required for the entities assigned) including but not limited to:
- Preparation of external regulatory financial statements including footnotes in a timely manner.
- Monitoring of TNE and RBC for compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Oversight of investments and timely renewal for regulatory purposes.
- Monthly allocations review.
- Special projects and other responsibilities, as assigned.
N/A - No direct supervision of staff. Will work in a team format and provide guidance to team members, as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Five (5) years of progressive accounting experience related to the areas described above in General Responsibilities.
- Big 4 Accounting Experience is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- CPA license strongly preferred; will consider non-licensed candidates with comparable work experience in complex accounting environments.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in general ledger accounting using systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Lawson Infor, Peoplesoft, Oracle, or SAP.
- Experience and understanding of complex general ledger coding strings to ensure proper accounting.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and yet have excellent attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in financial analysis and demonstrated ability to understand relationships and make correlations between different financial statement lines and financial statements.
- Has a “can do” attitude and seeks excellence in their performance. Performs self-review of work to ensure accuracy prior to the Director of Accounting review.
- Exceptional workpaper documentation skills, including tick and tie-out documentation from source to final presentation).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be deadline and results oriented. Must be a fast learner and efficiency oriented.
- Works well in a team environment and is a self-starter and self-sufficient with minimal supervision.
Pay Range: $85,000 - $95,000
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].