Location: Remote - CA, California US
Job Number: 6364
Workplace Type: Fully Remote
Position Title: Compliance Manager
The Compliance Manager to build and manage strategic partnerships with internal business units toward a common goal of enterprise-wide compliance excellence. The Compliance Manager will report to the Director of Compliance and will have a diverse range of responsibilities associated with interpretation of state and federal regulations related to health care and Medicare Advantage Plans, improving collaboration and other aspects of embodying a culture of compliance.
Overview of the Role:
- Audit and analyze processes, documentation, and data to identify any gaps in the effectiveness of Alignment Healthcare’s governance, Medicare Advantage compliance and control environment.
- Perform Annual Compliance Risk Assessment and audit High Risks
- Provide proactive consulting and facilitation of compliance, control, and governance processes for those areas under review.
- Drive compliance culture through partnership with business process owners in assessment of key compliance metrics, applicable state and federal regulations, audit protocols and processes that ensure execution at best-in-class levels.
- Execute and manage audit engagement plans and oversee auditing and monitoring to ensure accurate and timely performance of all steps related to audits and special projects.
- Lead various work groups, including Auditing and Monitoring Committee, to provide assurance around the effectiveness and efficiency of various Alignment Healthcare operational processes as well as those of delegated/contracted entities. The Compliance Manager will interact with leaders in many different areas and at many different levels.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships across Alignment Healthcare related to compliance.
- Working specifically with business unit leadership, the Compliance Manager will identify new and emerging compliance risks and then plan internally with audit and oversee monitoring and control of those risks. This individual will oversee and manage those tasked with execution of specific audit engagements designed to test compliance and control practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of audit, consulting, or Medicare Advantage compliance experience, or commensurate combined education/experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful track record in facilitating and managing audits
- Likes to focus on the "big picture" and thrives in a fast paced, multi-project work environment
- Computer literate (MS Word, Power Point, Excel). Proficiency with Excel functions and formulas
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Key Competencies:
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions, including a high level of precision in work.
- Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts compliance and Alignment Healthcare's overall success first.
- Executes for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens, and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $100,000 annually.
City: Remote - CA
Location City: Remote - CA
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Manager
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].