Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 6326
Workplace Type: Office Full-Time
Position Title: Membership Clerk
Overview of the Role
Responsible for performing clerical support to the Membership and Eligibility Department. Ensuring the efficient operation of the department.
- Responsible for the daily tracking of incoming member correspondence in, EZ-Member database, and assignment to an Membership Rep.
- Will keep inventory of department supplies as well as ordering of the supplies as needed.
- Ensure storage room is maintained and organized.
- Responsible for tracking of the Welcome packet material inventory. As well as communicating with the mail house vendor.
- Responsible for downloading files in EZ-Member as well as uploading the files of the Welcome packets and id cards to the mailing house FTP site on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Responsible for scanning and indexing of all documents for each enrolled or disenrolled member. As well as maintaining track of all members scanned from each batch.
- Responsible for the tracking of all boxes forward to King Data.
- Ensure all department invoices are verified and processed on a timely basis.
- Maintain Department miscellaneous files in an organized fashion as well as create files as needed.
- Working with the Marketing Department in ordering materials for the Welcome Packet or any other mailing.
- Will assist with Department mass mailings.
- Any other duties as assigned by Membership Director or Manager.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal, Commercial, and Medicare Managed Care Plans.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Basic Computer Skills, 25 WPM (Microsoft Outlook, excel, word)
- 10-Key by Touch
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
Salary range: $29,800 - $44,600
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Membership Clerk
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].