Provider Engagement Specialist
Location: Remote-North Carolina, North Carolina US
Job Number: 6319
Workplace Type: Field Remote
Position Title: Sr. Provider Engagement Specialist
Overview of the Role:
This dynamic role supports the performance and growth objectives of the market/pod by engaging with network primary care and specialist providers. Supports network growth through outreach and contracting with prospective providers. This role also involves supporting day-to-day network operations. The Provider Engagement Specialist is in the market and the face of Alignment Health Plan in their assigned market or geography.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key providers, provider office staff, and other downstream entities to promote growth and improve performance benchmarks.
- Conduct initial provider orientations and provide support for ongoing provider educational outreach (direct networks).
- Conduct outbound follow up to providers in order to resolve access to care issues.
- Assist in the development of training and educational materials/tools. Create Provider in-service packets and implementation packets. Coordinate, conduct, and/or initiate Model of Care Trainings for external providers.
- Consistently and accurately utilize department databases and tracking mechanisms to ensure all key departmental processes are met. Update and maintain accurate information in Sales Force. Create distribution lists for various email notifications and campaigns.
- Understanding of Managed Care operations, Risk Adjustment, and HEDIS measures
- Educate, Facilitate, and be “one touch resolution” or primary contact for resolution to provider inquiries related but not limited to UM, Claims, Eligibility, contracting, directory
- validation, etc.
- Negotiate and implement standard agreements with physicians and ancillary providers in existing and developing markets.
- Obtain provider credentialing information and prepare supporting contract documentation for contract implementation.
- Utilize network database to track both provider recruitment activity and executed contracts.
- Maintains weekly summary of activity and submits report on a weekly basis.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings as required.
- Performs special projects as assigned to help drive leads for the company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in provider relations / contracting with an HMO or IPA, medical group or institutional provider required
- Education/Licensure: B.A./B.S. OR 2 years relevant experience
- Organized, detail driven and a self-starter.
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship-builder and team-player
- Strong presentation skills and ability to address diverse audiences appropriately and
- Computer Skills: Proficient user in MS office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- 80% or more travel by car routinely required (In assigned market).
- Travel by plane required as needed.
- Maintenance of reliable means of transportation and valid driver’s license and automobile insurance required.
- Extended work hours, as needed.
- Remote work on approval.
Pay Range: $54,300 - $60,000 annually.
City: Remote-North Carolina
State: North Carolina
Location City: Remote-North Carolina
Location State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Provider Engagement Specialist
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].