Health Coach Educator
Location: Reno, Nevada US
Job Number: 6292
Workplace Type: Field Remote
Position Title: Health Coach Educator
**This Job Posting is for Pipelining Future 2024 Opportunities**
By applying to this job, you will join our talent pipeline, allowing us to consider you for future openings.
Overview of the Role:
Health Coach & Educator will be responsible for conducting Telephonic Outreach to develop a wellness coaching relationship with patients, caregivers, and families through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
- Contact patients that are eligible for Alignment’s Care at Home program and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors
- Collaborates with advanced practice clinicians and/or social worker to develop an action plan
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life
- Responsible for delivering a high level of patient service and increasing member retention and satisfaction
- Assists patients with accessing community resources and social services to address social determinants impacting health and wellbeing
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified patients, caregivers, and/or families
- Coordinate Care with other Alignment team members, including health-related vendors for optimal patient care
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1- year experience as a wellness/health coach or educator
- Minimum associate’s degree in a health-related field or equivalent experience/certifications; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in health behavior change/health coaching/health education
- Strong knowledge of specific diseases, lifestyle-related topics, nutrition, and exercise
- Knowledge of and experience with applying the stages of change or a similar behavior change model
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among customers and coworkers
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations and AHP policies
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Required Bilingual Spanish
Pay Rate: $22.21 - $33.26 hourly.
Location City: Reno
Location State: Nevada
Community / Marketing Title: Health Coach Educator
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].