Statutory Reporting Manager
Location: Remote-US, California US
Job Number: 6228
Workplace Type: Hybrid Remote
Position Title: Statutory Reporting Manager
Overview of the Role:
The Statutory Reporting Manager will report directly to the Sr. Director of Accounting & SEC Reporting. This role requires a solid understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles including following latest emerging guidance from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”). The position will work closely with the Accounting team in performing all aspects of statutory filings. Additionally, the candidate will assist with reviewing and documenting technical accounting issues, provide guidance on statutory accounting principles (“SAP”), and perform various special project/administrative tasks on an as needed basis. This position is based out of the corporate headquarters in Orange, CA, with the ability to work remotely 100% of the time. This role will interact and be highly visible to executives in all departments throughout the Company will and will be critical member of our growing and high-performing accounting team.
- Prepare, review, and analyze Statutory financial statements and filings for multiple states
- Supervise, review and/or prepare the completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for insurance companies in multiple states
- Participates with preparation of risk-based capital forecasts as requested
- Research new and existing SAP/NAIC requirements
- Support special project requests relating to Financial Reporting that require skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards and financial reporting including Statutory accounting basis requirements
- Ensures all statutory reports and disclosures comply with statutory accounting principles
- Direct preparation of standalone regulatory filings, including preparation and coordination of supporting schedules
- Conduct detailed research of potential changes to accounting rules proposed by accounting standards setters
- Research complex accounting topics and assist with the preparation of technical accounting memos
- Work with the General Ledger team to ensure that relevant accounting standards are appropriately and consistently applied
- Respond to requests from external auditors and state regulators, including DOI audits
- Support special project requests relating to Financial Reporting and Analysis that require skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards and financial reporting including Statutory and GAAP accounting basis requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Statutory Accounting Principles
- 3-4 years of experience with health insurance statutory filings
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is required
- Certified Public Accountant license is required
- Solid understanding of Statutory accounting principles and GAAP financial reporting concepts
- Solid technical accounting research skills
- Strong accounting, finance and business acumen
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Inspiring and motivating; results driven; self-motivated; ability to work constructively under pressure; able to work with others at varying levels within the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strongly Preferred:
- Experience with Gain Compliance software
- Experience with health insurance statutory reporting
- Experience in SOX 404 or NAIC Model Audit Rule standards
Pay Range: $110,900 - $166,300 annually.
Location City: Remote-US
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Statutory Reporting Manager
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].