Inpatient Review Nurse (RN/LVN with Inpatient Experience)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 6219
Workplace Type: Fully Remote
Position Title: Inpatient Review Nurse
Overview of the Role:
The primary responsibility of the Inpatient Review Nurse is to assist patients through the continuum of care in collaboration with the patient’s primary care physician, facility case manager, discharge planner and employing contracted ancillary service providers and community resources as needed. He/she will assure that services are provided at the most appropriate, cost effective level of care needed to meet the patient’s medical needs while maintaining safety and quality.
- Performs reviews of inpatients with complex medical and social problems.
- Generates referrals to contracted ancillary service providers and community agencies with the agreement of the patient’s primary care physician.
- Performs follow-up reviews and evaluations of patients in the ambulatory care or lower level of care setting.
- Reviews inpatient admissions timely and identifies appropriate level of care and continued stay based on acceptable evidence based guidelines used by CCHP.
- Effectively communicates with patients, their families and or support systems, and collaborates with physicians and ancillary service providers to coordinate care activities.
- Identifies Members who may need complex or chronic case management post discharge and warm handoff to appropriate staff for ambulatory follow up as necessary.
- Communicates and collaborates with IPA/MG as necessary for effective management of Members.
- Assigns and provides daily oversight of the activities and tasks of the CCIP Coordinator.
- Records communications in EZ-Cap and/or case management database.
- Arranges and participates in multi-disciplinary patient care conferences or rounds.
- Monitor, document, and report pertinent clinical criteria as established per UM policy and procedure.
- Monitors for any over utilization or under utilization activities.
- Generates referrals as appropriate to the QM department.
- Enters data as necessary for the generation of reports related to case management.
- Reports the progress of all open cases to the Medical Director, Director of Healthcare Services and Manager of Utilization Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education and/or Experience: Successful completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing Program; plus minimum of two consecutive years related experience in a managed care setting as an inpatient case manager; 3-5 years of general case management skills; excellent critical thinking skills related to nursing; knowledge and experience in complex/catastrophic case management preferred
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current, Active and Unrestricted California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication skills; ability to establish and maintain a constructive relationship with diverse members, management, employees and vendors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform mathematical calculations and calculate simple statics correctly
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; advanced problem-solving; ability to use advanced reasoning to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and design, implement and manage appropriate resolution.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Report Analysis Skills: Comprehend and analyze basic reports
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, hand, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, or kneel
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Pay Rate: $73,600.00 – 110,400.00 annually.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Inpatient Review Nurse (RN/LVN with Inpatient Experience)
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].