Member Experience Associate (Bilingual Korean required)
Location: Remote-US, California US
Job Number: 5884
Workplace Type: Fully Remote
Position Title: Member Experience Associate
Overview of the Role:
Alignment Health is seeking a passionate, highly-motivated, and detail-oriented member experience associate who is BILINGUAL IN MANDARIN OR KOREAN to join the member experience team. The member experience associate will assist plan members with their concerns or complaints and provides the necessary information and education to resolve concerns.
- Explain plan’s procedures, protocols, benefits, services, and any other necessary information to the members who call or visit the member experience department.
- Facilitate member requests for changes with network provider changes, transportation requests, or any other member request for assistance as appropriate.
- Answer all incoming member phone calls within the department’s goal time frame.
- Document every incoming call during the call with pertinent details (i.e., caller name, contact info, reason for call, action taken, resolution, etc.)
- Respond to complaints against the health plan and its contracted facilities by utilizing the departments Complaint / Grievance Policy and Procedure.
- Make all attempts to resolve all member dis-enrollment / cancellation requests, complaint / grievances, and assist the member with their questions or concerns and following up as appropriate.
- Assist with member outreach programs and implementations as needed.
- Foster good corporate relations by practicing good customer service principles (positive attitude, helpful, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 months' related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years' customer service / telemarketing experience.
- Medical front office experience preferred.
- Direct sales or related experience, preferably in the Medi-Cal, Commercial, or Medicare Managed Care industry.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree (AA) degree (preferred).
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal, Commercial, and Medicare Managed Care Plans.
- Bilingual English and Mandarin or Korean
- Language skills: Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: Able to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or verbal instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills: Strong computer skills.
Pay range: $33,400 - $50,100
Location City: Remote-US
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Member Experience Associate (Bilingual Korean required)
By leveraging our world-class technology platform, innovative care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and our serving heart culture, Alignment Health is revolutionizing health care for seniors! From member experience professionals and clinicians, to data scientists and operations leaders, we have built a talented and passionate team that is deeply committed to our mission of transforming health care for the seniors we serve. Ready to join us?
At Alignment, delivering exceptional care to seniors starts with ensuring an exceptional experience for our over 1,300 employees. At the center of our employee experience is a culture where employees at all levels and across all teams are encouraged to share their unique ideas and perspectives. After all, when you can bring your authentic self to work, whether that’s in a clinical setting, our corporate office or a home office, creativity and innovation flourish! Another important part of the Alignment culture is a belief in continuous learning and growth. As a result, in this fast-growing company, you will find ample support to grow your skills and your career – with us.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Please note: All clinical positions are contingent upon successful engagement with Alignment Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
Alignment Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].