Inpatient Review Nurse (RN/LVN with Inpatient Experience)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 4789
Position Title: Inpatient Review Nurse
The primary responsibility of the Inpatient Review Nurse is to assist patients through the continuum of care in collaboration with the patient’s primary care physician, facility case manager, discharge planner and employing contracted ancillary service providers and community resources as needed. He/she will assure that services are provided at the most appropriate, cost effective level of care needed to meet the patient’s medical needs while maintaining safety and quality.
(May include but are not limited to:)
· Performs reviews of inpatients with complex medical and social problems.
· Generates referrals to contracted ancillary service providers and community agencies with the agreement of the patient’s primary care physician.
· Performs follow-up reviews and evaluations of patients in the ambulatory care or lower level of care setting.
· Reviews inpatient admissions timely and identifies appropriate level of care and continued stay based on acceptable evidence based guidelines used by CCHP.
· Effectively communicates with patients, their families and or support systems, and collaborates with physicians and ancillary service providers to coordinate care activities.
· Identifies Members who may need complex or chronic case management post discharge and warm handoff to appropriate staff for ambulatory follow up as necessary.
· Communicates and collaborates with IPA/MG as necessary for effective management of Members.
· Assigns and provides daily oversight of the activities and tasks of the CCIP Coordinator.
· Records communications in EZ-Cap and/or case management database.
· Arranges and participates in multi-disciplinary patient care conferences or rounds.
· Monitor, document, and report pertinent clinical criteria as established per UM policy and procedure.
· Monitors for any over utilization or under utilization activities.
· Generates referrals as appropriate to the QM department.
· Enters data as necessary for the generation of reports related to case management.
· Reports the progress of all open cases to the Medical Director, Director of Healthcare Services and Manager of Utilization Management.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience: Successful completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing Program; plus minimum of two consecutive years related experience in a managed care setting as an inpatient case manager; 3-5 years of general case management skills; excellent critical thinking skills related to nursing; knowledge and experience in complex/catastrophic case management preferred
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current, Active and Unrestricted California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
· Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans
· Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
Skills and Abilities:
· Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication skills; ability to establish and maintain a constructive relationship with diverse members, management, employees and vendors.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform mathematical calculations and calculate simple statics correctly
· Reasoning Skills: Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; advanced problem-solving; ability to use advanced reasoning to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and design, implement and manage appropriate resolution.
· Problem-Solving Skills: Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Report Analysis Skills: Comprehend and analyze basic reports
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, hand, or feel and talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms
· The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, or kneel
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics depend here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Inpatient Review Nurse (RN/LVN with Inpatient Experience)
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].