Location: Remote-US, California US
Job Number: 4731
Position Title: Sales Analyst
The Sales Analyst is responsible for delivering analytic and strategic business insight to executives on core elements of the company’s long-term strategy, as well as the shorter operational needs from core business functions.
We are looking for innovative and creative individuals that have a desire to challenge paradigms while working as thought partners with executives throughout the company. The analyst will collaborate with a team of initiative-taking individuals with consulting, banking and public policy experience and is expected to effectively manage individual work streams and communicate analyses effectively within the team and with senior executives.
This position will play a key role in gathering business requirements and turning them into technical requirements, competitive market/product analysis, data/AI product features & roadmap, managing several projects and uncovering deep actionable insights from data using variety of analytic tools.
General Duties/Responsibilities (May include but are not limited to):
- Spearhead special projects, structure the work, manage the process, drive the right set of analyses, and present the answer to senior executives through a compelling storyline
- Aptitude for critical thinking in complex situations, ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete results
- Ability to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously; willing to stretch "up" and "down" in responsibilities
- Utilize working knowledge of financial statements in thoughtful financial analyses
- Collaborate with key business leaders to understand their business problems and produce analytical solutions
- Build end-to-end data analytics solutions which will improve healthcare outcomes and reduce the cost for our members
- Manage data and AI project life cycle from inception to execution within agreed upon time frame
- Define the deliverables in the form of functional requirements, user stories, wireframes, and their objectives
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Ensure that all issues are identified, reported, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner
- Understand the business data sales/enrollment cycles for our business, including ingestion, operations, enrichment, sharing, and reporting
- Becoming proficient in Salesforce custom objects browsing and reporting, extracting data, or using the data warehouse, create data deliverables, extracts, and reports
- Ability to create internal and external facing clinical activity or utilization reports or analytics deliverables used to fulfill clinical operations requirements
- Understand data discrepancies that can distort accurate data deliverables
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong analytical skills to work with enrollment data, work around data quality issues and produce analytical deliverables such as utilization improvements or contributing patterns in marketing attribution
- Minimum Experience:
- 2+ years relevant experience in advanced data analysis
- Experience in building end-to-end data analytics solutions and dashboards with measurable outcomes
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insights
- Experience with various data visualization tools
- Experience defining and updating foundational Data Governance items such as Business Glossaries and Data Dictionaries
- Experience defining and implementing data-quality score cards with business outcome impacts
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to identify and define data needs
- Experience with data-root-cause analysis and cross-functional resolution of data issues
- Bachelor’s Degree with analytical and financial coursework
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- VBA, SQL, and/or other programming skills highly desirable
- Strong writing and presentation skills, and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences and develop strong written material for communication to external stakeholders
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to document business requirements relating to data needs and business rules
- Python 3.0 (or similar scripting language) Proficiency to manipulate billing or claims data, ADT files, census information, or build basic Excel reports from scratch
- Salesforce Report creation and Maintenance (e.g., Sales cloud)
- 1 year of Agile Scrum development environment
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Visio, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Nice to have: Salesforce administrative and development certifications
- Excels at collecting, researching, presenting, operational information and receiving feedback
- Pragmatism to deliver data deliverables on time and on budget
- Enjoys small-company culture and working in cross-functional distributed teams without siloed job roles
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and relational databases
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
- Ability to document data flows and processes
- Internships in finance and/or healthcare fields
- Healthcare experience
- Design experience
- Experience in Big Data processing technologies
- Familiarity with cloud ecosystems
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Remote-US
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Analyst
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].