Provider Engagement Specialist
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 4524
Position Title: Provider Engagement Specialist
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
This dynamic role supports the performance and growth objectives of the market/pod by engaging with network primary care and specialist providers. Supports network growth through outreach and contracting with prospective providers. This role also involves supporting day-to-day network operations.
The Provider Engagement Specialist is in the market and the face of Alignment Health Plan in their assigned market or geography.
General Duties/Responsibilities (May include but are not limited to):
1. Develop collaborative relationships with key providers, provider office staff, and other downstream entities to promote growth and improve performance benchmarks.
2. Conduct initial provider orientations and provide support for ongoing provider educational outreach (direct networks).
3. Conduct outbound follow up to providers in order to resolve access to care issues.
4. Assist in the development of training and educational materials/tools. Create Provider in-service packets and implementation packets. Coordinate, conduct, and/or initiate Model of Care Trainings for external providers.
5. Consistently and accurately utilize department databases and tracking mechanisms to ensure all key departmental processes are met. Update and maintain accurate information in Sales Force. Create distribution lists for various email notifications and campaigns.
6. Understanding of Managed Care operations, Risk Adjustment, and HEDIS measures
7. Educate, Facilitate, and be “one touch resolution” or primary contact for resolution to provider inquiries related but not limited to UM, Claims, Eligibility, contracting, directory validation, etc.
8. Negotiate and implement standard agreements with physicians and ancillary providers in existing and developing markets.
9. Obtain provider credentialing information and prepare supporting contract documentation for contract implementation.
10. Utilize network database to track both provider recruitment activity and executed contracts.
11. Maintains weekly summary of activity and submits report on a weekly basis.
12. Attends and participates in all staff meetings as required.
13. Performs special projects as assigned to help drive leads for the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum Experience:
a. Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
b. Experience in provider relations / contracting with an HMO or IPA, medical group or institutional provider required
a. B.A./B.S. OR 2 years relevant experience
a. Organized, detail driven and a self-starter.
f. Computer Skills: Proficient user in MS office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
g. 80% or more travel by car routinely required (In assigned market).
h. Travel by plane required as needed.
i. Maintenance of reliable means of transportation and valid driver’s license and automobile insurance required.
j. Extended works hours, as needed.
k. Remote work on approval.
4. Work Environment:
a. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Provider Engagement Specialist
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].