Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 4416
Position Title: Sr. Human Capital Business Partner
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Human Capital Business Partners, the Sr. Human Capital Business Partner (Sr. HCBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in their respective business units. The Sr. HCBP consults with managers on Human Capital-related issues. The successful Sr. HCBP will act as an employee champion and change agent while considering the unique needs of the business unit and overall business. The Sr. HCBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its short- and long-term plans, its culture, and challenges. Sr. HCBP will work on such projects as developing policies and procedures, employee communications and recognition programs, compensation structure and other duties as required.
General Duties/Responsibilities (May include but are not limited to):
- Partners with respective business units and/or leaders in developing goals/objectives, policies/procedures, and standards.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units and/or their leaders.
- Identifies, seeks, and develops recommendations to complex employee relations concerns and trends (i.e., turnover, morale, etc.).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Partners and consults with clients in determining staffing needs, position selections, and corresponding compensation.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HC group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Supports the implementation of on-going recruiting, training, and incentive-based programs designed for employee development and retention.
- Reviews actions including promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
- Assists in on-site assessment of current jobs to identify areas needing change and/or training.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues in partnership with our PEO and conducts investigations with a solid understanding of State and Federal Labor laws.
- Manages the partnership with our PEO and engage when appropriate for benefits, payroll, employee relations and systems related items.
- Conducts initial entry interviews for qualified candidates as well as exit interviews with exiting employees.
- Reviews, and makes recommendations for policy updates on an annual basis to ensure compliance with statutory regulations, laws, and programs.
- Partners with recruitment team and the business units to meet the temporary staffing needs.
- May participate in other Human Capital initiatives such as: benefit program review and design; compensation structure development; internal process improvements, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 7+ years Human Resources experience.
- 5+ years dealing with complex Employee Relations issues
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance.
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to management and public groups. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer programs and applications required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good analytical skills.
- Maturity and confidentiality required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].