Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 3734
Position Title: SVP, Operations
As the most senior Operations Leader within the organization, this individual will lead
day-to-day operations for the key value drivers within the business including member experience, delegation oversight, claims, configuration, and provider operations. They will serve as a strategic leader across the business alongside the high caliber executive team in place today. S/he will be responsible for maintaining and exceeding Alignment’s current 40% YoY growth while continuing to drive efficiencies across the business. Working closely with finance, medical, business development, product strategy, and technology, s/he will help drive the organization towards the goal of becoming a 5 STAR plan and the premier Medicare Advantage plan nationally.
As the Senior Vice President of Operations, this person must be able to effectively
communicate and execute cross-functionally with various levels of the organization to
achieve planned metrics that will roll into monthly operational reports and eventually
financial outcomes. S/he will utilize a hands-on approach towards managing support
teams and play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the ongoing growth and
development of the organization. Additionally, this executive will be expected to recruit, manage, develop and retain great talent in critical leadership roles. Above all, this person
will be responsible for maintaining a culture of innovation, putting Alignment’s Seniors
first, and being a champion for better healthcare for his/her teams and the members
(May include but are not limited to)
- Establish strong KPIs in directing the day-to-day operations of the key value drivers of the business and the local markets, creating partnerships with IPAs or Physician groups and taking on those operational components
- Recruit, retain and develop high performing A-player talent; create a repeatable strategy for staffing with urgency to support market level operations
- Strong expertise in devising an analytical and metrics-driven approach to develop rigor and discipline across revenue-generating functions
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer to translate monthly operational reports into broader financial outcomes
- Work closely with Alignment’s executive team, Board, and external stakeholders; effectively communicate clear company vision, mission and directive
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- 10+ years in Healthcare and a minimum of 5 in an executive leadership role
- 5 years of direct experience in Health plan and MSO (multi payer), required
- Health plan and MSO (multi payer) experience (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees, management, investors, and community stakeholders
- Proven team-builder who is able to recruit, develop, and mentor a highly collaborative group capable of supporting future growth
- Ability to create an efficient, disciplined environment that is highly responsive and customer outcomes-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult and timely decisions
- Value-based decision maker who can operate within financial constraints
- Strong business acumen with the ability to meet the immediate needs of the
company while building the basis for the company’s longer-term goals
- An action-oriented style that approaches problem solving in a collaborative
- An entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working within a high-growth organizational culture
- Strong analytical and problem solving/conflict resolution skills, with an ability to
handle multiple priorities
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: SVP, Ops
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].